Who are we?
The u3a movement is a unique and exciting organisation
which provides, through local u3a's,
life-enhancing and life-changing opportunities
Photo: Voting at our 2018 AGM
Wide range of activities
Retired and semi-retired people come together and learn together,
not for qualifications but for its own reward: the sheer joy of discovery!
Photo Circle Dancing Group
Activities of the Photography Group
Life Long Learning
Members share their skills and life experiences:
the learners teach and the teachers learn,
and there is no distinction between them.
Photo: Bird Watching Group August 2018
Singing for Pleasure
Reading u3a 30 Years +
Reading u3a has been in existence for over 30 years.
We have over 600 members in the Reading Area
Photo: 30 Year Certificate presented National Conference 2018
(Or click on the "Our Groups" tab above)
Welcome to Reading u3a
Reading u3a is a learning co-operative of older people, which enables members to share many educational, creative and leisure activities. Activities are organised mainly in small groups that meet regularly, sometimes in each other's homes. It is a member of The Third Age Trust. It pursues a wide range of topics; some academic, some practical and others recreational.
- All day-time meetings
- Various venues across Reading
- A wide variety of interest groups
- Theatre visits & other outings
Our normal programme of activities is severely impacted by the pandemic and although we have had no face-to-face meetings for several months we have managed to continue running many of our groups via Zoom.
- See last page of our newsletter which shows the groups using Zoom.
- See our information on Covid.
To access the members' area
- Make sure you are using our secure website - Check the address bar - it should be https://www.readingu3a.org.uk/ You should see a closed padlock. If you see the words 'Not secure' at the start of the address line you have used an old insecure address beginning http without the 's' . Click on the secure link in this paragraph and book mark or save to favourites for future secure use.
- Click on the dark blue Login Button (Top right of page)
- Enter your email and password.
- Click on the Members’ tab which appears on the navigation bar above once you have logged on.
If you are a member of Reading u3a and have not yet received an invitation to join our members area, please contact our Membership Secretary.
Not yet a member of Reading u3a?
National u3a Day 2nd June
The very first national u3a day – celebrating the learning, activity and fun that happens every day in u3as across the country – will now take place on 2nd June 2021.